Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Saving Changes in iOS
- Dropbox help 3 (OAuth app authorization flow?)
- DataGrid Horizontal Scrollbar
- making DG2 usable
- post to cgi, JSON in Headers?
- Navigator update: better conversion to behaviors, better property editing, better version control, and send to private commands
- discrepancy between official device metric and LC stack size
- FormattedHeight of a field and its contents
- ControlKit and widget “hhControls” v1.0.2
- Make Docset updated to v2.5, Docset updated to 1.4.2
- any tricks to make SHELL non blocking?
- Pasting tabs into Excel
- “module format not supported”
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
12 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Show error dialog for incompatible app id/profile
- Fix setting dragdata[“files”] when filename has spaces
- Dropbox library was only returning the error code, not the description Thanks @macMikey
Bug of the week
The reporter provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that helped us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Easy) Info missing from mobileGetContactData entry
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 15th of March 2018
- 17th of May 2018
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
- 15th of November 2018