Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Navigator Update
- position of text-curson within field
- Sub-to-srt updated
- LiveCode and iOS Simulator Set Up
- AcceleratedRendering - when to turn off
- Features and shortcomings of html5
- Password Checker
- LiveCode back on TIOBE
- Quit Command corrupts standalone (stack called by standalone splash)
- playing a video in Win7?
- another mac to Windows gotcha
- High Sierra, LC & Xcode
- send “keyUp” / “rawKeyUp”?
- Question about the result
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
20 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- MyPixelScale - Implement my pixel scale expression
- Ensure mobileSoundOnChannel returns correct value
- Return Typeface object from MCCanvasFontGetHandle on Android: Needed for a cross-platform button widget.
- Allow per-extension standalone settings to be required
- Enable cmd+c in dictionary enhanced Thanks @BerndN
- WidgetTouch - Add support for touch events in widgets
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Easy) Info missing from mobileGetContactData entry
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Dragging Out Multiple Files (on Mac) Freezes LiveCode
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 15th of March 2018
- 17th of May 2018
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
- 15th of November 2018