Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- IDE Cursor icon often hangs on windows
- Background color in an ‘answer’ dialog?
- Size of screen diagonal?
- Another server question (mixing node.js and LC)
- building deb packages
- Internet checking?
- “Open in New Navigator” is back
- A suggestion for an in-memory database, following up on Richard’s experiment
- How to include files in an iOS-App?
- Font name weirdness
- LC server and fonts
- Color a graphic on a datagrid
- Reverse ‘pixelcoloring’ and total amount of colors
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
23 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Native HTML5 Button Widget
- Use selected font in android field and button widgets
- Fix library mapping for installed extensions
- Ensure nested groups’ scripts can be searched
- Fix installing extensions from local .lce files
- Remove -S parameter trailing slash in aapt call: Fixes the problem of using a Map Widget on Android when building from Windows.
- Tree view doesn’t allow comma in keys
- Fix rotated text rendering on Linux
- Fix font rendering appearance in HTML5
- Ensure malloc’d pointer is not incremented before free: Fixes a long standing crash when calling revDataFromQuery with ODBC databases.
Bug of the week
The reporter provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Dragging Out Multiple Files (on Mac) Freezes LiveCode
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 15th of March 2018
- 17th of May 2018
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
- 15th of November 2018