Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Forcing a device update
- Slide puzzle question
- Issues with storage of data in stack
- Standalone compile problem including more than two stack files to the mainstack
- how to copy a card?
- Saving stack locations in multi monitor setups
- Bizarre Number Sort of Files Mac
- Unicode inconsistency
- Callbacks fail
- New Game By Fasasoftware - Apple Toe
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
44 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix linux fullscreen window manager issues
- Ensure malloc’d pointer is not incremented before free
- Use local frame for interface proxy creation: This fixes a crash when more than 6 Android native fields are present in a card.
- Use PAC file found via WPAD protocol to resolve proxy server settings for url requests Thank you @trevordevore
- Fix print to pdf: A recent regression is now fixed.
- Add a time zone handling library
- Fix Segmented Control perimeter when it has one segment
- Send touch messages when scroller disabled: This fixes a DataGrid2 issue on Android, where you had to swipe twice when a native scroller was present.
- Ensure missing extension produces warning
- Add support for Local Storage to Android browser
- Fix handling of binary URL data in HTML5
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- tsNet documentation
- tsNet and Digest Authentication - some problems or better said: missing knowledge
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 15th of March 2018
- 17th of May 2018
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
- 15th of November 2018