Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Still looking into HTML5 app
- Linux 32-bit?
- LC 9 and Icon Families
- code signing cost
- Dash LiveCode Docset and “Make Docset” stack updated Thank you @James
- Sound delay
- Not sure what to do…can I run this by you guys?
- 9.0.0 RC-1 Hard crash still persists + New problem
- mouseDown and mouseUp; Being Called Outside the Group
- Stupid Question Again - Proportional Scaling
- A poor man’s app updater
- TinyIDE now on GitHub Thank you @AndyP
- Free tool for ease Windows Installer creation Thank you @Matthias
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
29 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
Read the release email to find out about the contents of this massive release!
- Fix crash calling mobilePickPhoto with no params
- DataGrid2 - Allow swipe and hold
- Refine indentation for some if variants Thank you @Bernd
- Navigate to target=_blank links in widget
- Update Extending LiveCode guide: New detailed guide with examples and much more.
- Allow GPS access from Android Browser Control
- Set the hidden of multiple lines when last line is empty
Bug of the week
The reporter provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- tsNet woes
- tsNetSmtpSync with attachment
- App rejected because of camera permission modal alert!
- TSNet updated to include PUT and PATCH
- Strange problem with tsNet external on Windows
Save the dates:
- 17th of May 2018
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
- 15th of November 2018