Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Audio recording fails when trying to record video
- memory databases fail in Windows
- Odd Name Resolution
- v9 experience grinds to a halt. non-functioning breakpoints.
- configuring a Windows Installer for a Standalone
- commandine standalone using 100% of core on doing what?
- Understanding numberformat
- Project Browser Goes Blank - How To Refresh
- RevMail - Status in 9.0
- Widget User Defined Properties
- Android Can’t Find Path to Web folder
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
10 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Make sure stack and pending stack limit are the same
- Fixed errors when setting textFont/textSize on Android native button
- Enhance TreeView numeric sort to sort non-numbers Thanks @BrianMilby
- Prevent index errors when expanding TreeView buffer
- Prevent TreeView chunk out of range error on Linux
- Update windowBoundingRect
- Add default points for polygon graphic
- Detect missing dependencies when installing package
- Allow tab in text property of PI
- Skip tracing resizeControl
Bug of the week
The reporter provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 17th of May 2018
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
- 15th of November 2018