Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Getting Orientation Enforced on Phone
- DataGrid anomaly?
- name resolution stinker
- align object does not work with groups?
- how to print a csv as formatted table?
- LCB Woes
- How to properly mount your home folder in VMWare Fusion for doing development work
- DataGrid Column Labels
- On Boot - Run Time Tool vs Pointer Tool
- iOS usb/serial access and use
- Tampa Bay Livecode Community
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
19 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Limit clipboard clear setting fullClipboardData[“text”]
- Ensure put throws when expecting preposition
- Check objc handler argument count matches
- Implement mobileSetFullScreenRectForOrientations
- Rebind dragboard when starting drag
- Take ownership of clipboard for private item
- Added support for Xcode 9.3 / iOS 11.3
Bug of the week
The reporter provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 17th of May 2018
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
- 15th of November 2018