Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Any feedback for InstaMaker or WinSignHelper?
- Contributing to the IDE
- filename in standalones for Mac - changed recently?
- How to get the line break char?
- Posting to LiveCode Server
- xaLib - library to extract data from an array
- LC PDF Viewer
- OpenLanguage: abstract syntax trees
- Has Anyone Got A Directory “Walker” Available
- Android assistance / information?
- some thoughts on version 9.0.0
- Search a multidimensional array
- Title Case
- Get only Pathname of a dragdropped Object
- Typesetting Fields
- macOS “Recovered files”
- Building for Android in v9
- Open printing to PDF error
- Q on Accessing multi-dimension arrays
- Enable/disable Group enables/disables all children
- Detailed File Information for One File
- Splitting long elements into two lines in an Option Menu
- Hex to Decimal 2s Complement
- create widget
- Identifying IDE stacks
- Down a leafy lane or up queer street?
- Telling the IDE to build a standalone under script control
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
22 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Add show documentation to extension context menu
- Fix deselection of next find after replace
- Only post hiliteChanged when value actually changes Thanks @BrianMilby
- Fix revMail on mobile
- Ensure Replace history is remembered
- Make sure emscripten behaviors are resolved
- Execute msg box if it compiles
Bug of the week
The reporter provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Example of revQueryDatabase is incorrect
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 17th of May 2018
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
- 15th of November 2018