Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- HTTPD Server Post Requests work about half the time
- Inclusions bug in LC9?
- export imagedata into a file?
- Active window and mouse location
- date libraries/routines for LCG
- imagedata and alpha byte
- How to turn off editor formatting
- How to dismiss keyboard on mobile
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
8 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix MySQL errors after calling stored procedures
- Ensure sound can be queued with mobilePlaySoundOnChannel
- Fix PointerToObjcObject
- Plus tens of fixes in Dictionary entries, including correction of typos, broken links, malformed text etc. Thanks @Sam Norris!
Bug(s) of the week
- Bug 21266 - dgControl returns empty if the customPropertySet is not empty
- Bug 21262 - Project browser nested behavior doesn’t display correctly for script-only behaviors
In these reports the reporters provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Example of revQueryDatabase is incorrect
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 17th of May 2018
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
- 15th of November 2018