Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- LiveCode Builder syntax added to LiveCode SublimeText language module
- LC ImageToolbox_89_v170
- LC & Java
- how to clear residual garbage in a stack?
- Crash when moving video window to external monitor pc
- LiveCode Hosting and GDPR
- losing font info in fields again
- execution doesn’t stop when multiple function calls in a line
- Should “put” to the Message Box be affected by lockMessages?
- on-rev choosing engine
- Windows 10 and LC9.0
- Update to SublimeText LiveCode Script linter
- Object Referencing in LC 9.0.0
- group-editing mode
- Graphing Solution…
- Version Control - Script Tracker
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
18 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- LiveCode 8.1.10 Note 8.1.10 STABLE is the last planned release in the 8.x series.
- Force orientation when setting allowed orientations
- Dictionary - Turn off search field spell check
- Make sure scripts are compiled when testing if object handles message
- Handle wchar_t size differences for ODBC
- Ensure playrate is respected when looping or when starting player after a pause
- Fix issue with importing foreign value types that require conversion
- Ensure .otf font files are recognized on iOS and Android
- Plus tens of fixes in Dictionary entries, including correction of typos, broken links, malformed text etc. Thanks @Sam Norris!
Bug of the week
The reporter provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
15th of November 2018
- The next LiveCode Conference is in…