Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- AVMIDIPlayerDemo by Paul McClernan: A self-contained demonstration of the AVMIDIPlayer LiveCode Builder Library Extension for macOS and theoretically iOS too
- LiveCode Builder linter support for Sublime Text
- How To Become Android Developer
- LC9 and Windows Unicode bug?
- button action different on Android
- LC >= 8 no more HC friendly?
- Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!
- Android APK sanity check
- Livecode 9 Server seems not to run when custom installed on On-Rev and HostM
- HilitedLine of list field lost when unlocked field selected
- ANN: Script Tracker
- Crash after entering “put the hostnametoaddress” into msg
- UTF8 on LC server
- Help converting Hex UTF-8 bytes to character
- Access image EXIF info on mobile
- SQL Help
- scrollerdidscroll, but WHAT has bee scrolled?
- Creating a PSD from Livecode Script?
- Text with accented characters
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
20 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Update Android Notification module to compile against API 23
- Don’t assume Intent action is non-null: Fixes a crash when launching an Android app from a local notification
- Throw error when getting the hostnametoaddress with no param
- Added support for building with Xcode9.4 / iOS 11.4 SDK
- Update property inspector once for multiple objects: Moving selected control with arrow keys is now faster on Windows
- Make message box ‘put’ immune to ‘lock messsages’ Thanks @Brian Milby
- Fix crash which may occur when selected objects are deleted
- Ide performance issues: Fixes various delays when using the Script Editor on Windows
- Fix mirroring issues with video displayed using non-ARGB32 bitmap formats
- Don’t clobber macroman casing tables on mac: Fixes incorrect result when doing a case-insensitive “filter”
- Plus tens of fixes in Dictionary entries, including correction of typos, broken links, malformed text etc. Thanks @Sam Norris!
Bug of the week
The reporter provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: revOpenDatabase(“sqlite”…) doesn’t work on some Linux versions with LC9 - needs gcc4.9
- (Easy) Dictionary: Unlock Screen documentation has typos/errors and needs to reference “lock screen for visual effect”
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
15th of November 2018
- The next LiveCode Conference is in…