Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Optimization can be tricky
- How to use the scale geometry property of an object?
- Need help with a Datagrid error…
- Linux Screen Resolution
- Close nodes in Tree View widget
- Dark Mode in macOS Mojave, any thoughts from the mothership?
- Need help with a project
- Listfield Questions
- LiveCode - Andoid SDK - Java compatibility chart?
- Calling an api from a stack?
- Regex (matchChunk) help…
- Multiple Monitors ; However, LC IDE want a 0,0,X X working rect
- iOS / Android differences on a scrolling list field
- Reporting the ScreenSize of a iPhone7: 0,0,375,667
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
9 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
Clear Recent Filesoption to Open Recent File menu
- Ensure horizontal property of segmented control is saved
- Ensure option menu works on Android
- Fix potential crash on relaunch due to uninitialized static variable
- Android: fix crash on relaunch when calling extension handler from script
- Ensure true and false names are finalized
- Use content:// uris to transfer file data to/from other apps
Bug of the week
A user provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Command line installation needs “-ui” instead of “noui” since LC 9 DP-5
- (Easy) Dictionary: revOpenDatabase(“sqlite”…) doesn’t work on some Linux versions with LC9 - needs gcc4.9
- (Easy) Dictionary: Unlock Screen documentation has typos/errors and needs to reference “lock screen for visual effect”
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
Save the dates:
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
15th of November 2018
- The next LiveCode Conference is in…