Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Datagrid Behaviors Moved??
- What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean
- iOS 12 compatibility
- Behaviors not honoring script local variables??
- Tessellated hexagonal grid?
- Grabbing a widget
- Array Column Subset Revisited
- Sort IP List
- LCB Foreign LC9.0.0
- bitwise shifts gone?
- MouseMove and HTML5
- WooCommerce API Manager & Livecode
- Field entry cursor
- Stripping styling from the clipboard…
- How to get the dimensions of an image with LC server?
- Translation Service Deepl.com
- Top Bottom Left Right
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
14 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Set clipsToBounds of native container layer
- Redraw the entire stack before hiding bitmap view
- Ensure device can register for and receive remote notifications on Android
- Use app platform 16 with target sdk 26
- Android: Add support to thirdparty libs for additional CPU architectures
- Clear unshared data when compacting stack
Bug of the week
The user provided useful info, a detailed recipe as well as a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Command line installation needs “-ui” instead of “noui” since LC 9 DP-5
- (Easy) Dictionary: revOpenDatabase(“sqlite”…) doesn’t work on some Linux versions with LC9 - needs gcc4.9
- (Easy) Dictionary: Unlock Screen documentation has typos/errors and needs to reference “lock screen for visual effect”
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
Save the dates:
- 19th of July 2018
- 20th of September 2018
15th of November 2018
- The next LiveCode Conference is in…