Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Navigator 6.1 alpha1 is out
- revNavigator - Cloning a card - am I doing something wrong?
- editing & combining sound files?
- Set the backgroundcolor of all lines a field to null
- Best way to store videos
- Recommend Directory for Installation of Windows Apps
- What happened to the LC 9 UI font?
- LC displaying colors incorrectly in macOS 10.13
- Android permissions
- Load data into a tree view
- iPad Pro Simulator
- Datagrid Scrolling
- Word counter crashing LiveCode?
- Mojave beta & 32 bit LC
- “Make Docset” updated to version 2.8
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
17 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
6 of them were submitted by @BrianMilby - Thanks Brian :)
New LiveCode releases
- Automatically select text of fields in PI
- Add multiple android archs to IDE
- Fix crash when moving a group before calling quit
- Tree widget - prevent value removal on key addition
- Add color to the clock widget
- Allow scroll wheel to work in PI text fields
- LCB: Implement key is down
- Icon Picker: Use a popup stack for icon property
- Script Editor indent errors with inline block comments
Bug of the week
- Bug 21500 - Grouping Controls, then Dragging the Resulting Group, Prevents a Mac Standalone from Closing Properly
The user provided a helpful stack and a detailed recipe that allowed us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) typo in 9.0 release notes “closesstack” instead of “closestack”
- (Easy) Docs: The first example in mobileSetKeyboardType users an invalid parameter
- (Easy) Docs: Command line installation needs “-ui” instead of “noui” since LC 9 DP-5
- (Easy) Dictionary: revOpenDatabase(“sqlite”…) doesn’t work on some Linux versions with LC9 - needs gcc4.9
- (Easy) Dictionary: Unlock Screen documentation has typos/errors and needs to reference “lock screen for visual effect”
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
- Brian Milby
- Gregory Miller
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 20th of September 2018
15th of November 2018
- The next LiveCode Conference is in…