Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- RE: Best way to store videos
- textHeight changing again when copying fields from one stack to another
- Datagrid substack question
- LiveCode 1.6.1 docset now available
- XML to File
- What do we know about LC 10?
- Tree View Values
- How to get word offset all instances of a string in a chunk of text?
- am I regexing by mistake?
- Mobile Rotation Redux
- On Performance of Array Access
- Deleting a char inside a textField via code
- Android Audio Recorder Woes
- Missing function selectedWords/selectedTrueWords
- Trouble with iOS Logos/No Appearing on Home Screen
- Searching for a word when it’s more than one word
- Chunked Off - replace with empty
- startUp messaging hierarchy
- Up to date installation guide for LiveCode community server?
- ANN: LC Documentation Cache Cleaner
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
10 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Move dragboard rebind to mousedown
- Include iPadPro splash image in plist file
- Ensure pageRanges and pageHeights return correct results
- Document “number of elements of tArray”
- Extensions: Add support for snippets and sample stacks
Bug of the week
The user provided a helpful stack and a detailed recipe that allowed us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Documentation: libraryStack summary missing ‘startUsing’ at end of sentence
- (Easy) Docs: The first example in mobileSetKeyboardType users an invalid parameter
- (Easy) Docs: Command line installation needs “-ui” instead of “noui” since LC 9 DP-5
- (Easy) Dictionary: revOpenDatabase(“sqlite”…) doesn’t work on some Linux versions with LC9 - needs gcc4.9
- (Easy) Dictionary: Unlock Screen documentation has typos/errors and needs to reference “lock screen for visual effect”
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 20th of September 2018
15th of November 2018
- The next LiveCode Conference is in…