Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Android install on Lollypop 9.01 rc2
- Play YouTube in Portrait and Turn Landscape
- Timezone library - how to use in Livecode Server?
- 3WDevolution question
- Slow LC 9 Performance - Test Stack, Video, QA Report
- PreOpenBackground Messages
- Stacks in Memory
- Project Browser - refresh button still not available
- Another Tree View Oddity
- Sample Stacks
- Is “6. “ equal to “6.”?
- The Visible Hilited Line of a Datagrid
- Script Editor Magic Keys
- Using RevMail in Server?
- Datagrid deleteline vs deletelines issue
- Livecode’s CEF Builds
- unknown C++ exception error when launching iOS simulator
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
3 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Remove AutoLock from AddTextToItem
- Ensure arrays with comma in the key name can be displayed in the variable viewer
- Move clear before creation of clipboard item
Bug of the week
The user provided a helpful stack and a detailed recipe that allowed us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) LCB docs: include the list of blend modes in the Dictionary
- (Easy) Documentation: libraryStack summary missing ‘startUsing’ at end of sentence
- (Easy) Docs: The first example in mobileSetKeyboardType users an invalid parameter
- (Easy) Docs: Command line installation needs “-ui” instead of “noui” since LC 9 DP-5
- (Easy) Dictionary: revOpenDatabase(“sqlite”…) doesn’t work on some Linux versions with LC9 - needs gcc4.9
- (Easy) Dictionary: Unlock Screen documentation has typos/errors and needs to reference “lock screen for visual effect”
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
- 20th of September 2018
15th of November 2018
- The next LiveCode Conference is in…