Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- ANN:Navigator 6.4 alpha 1 is out
- how to know 2 monitors are in use?
- App Updater Helper for Levure
- Stacks whose names start with “rev”
- ANN:animationEngine is free now
- put URL blocking?
- How to make a fat widget
- Blank X,Y Axis - Line Graph Widget
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
4 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix effective working screenrect on Android
- Android Browser: Allow cross-origin requests for “file:” protocol scheme
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start? Try one of these:
- (Easy) Duplicate handler in drawing.livecodescript
- (Easy) Docs: Command line installation needs “-ui” instead of “noui” since LC 9 DP-5
- (Easy) Dictionary: Unlock Screen documentation has typos/errors and needs to reference “lock screen for visual effect”
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that in ReplaceText function you might need to escape RegExp metacharacters, if the “replacementString” is the char itself (e.g. “.”)
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Easy) Dictionary: Mention that iPhone X does not support “portrait upside down” orientation
- (Easy) Improvement in ‘open socket’ dictionary entry
- (Easy) MouseEnter / MouseLeave infinite Loop trap - documentation enhancement
- (Easy) outputTextEncoding - parameter description format mixed up
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
15th of November 2018