Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- This month only: Get a Hacktoberfest t-shirt by contributing to LiveCode: Submit 5 pull requests and get a free Hacktoberfest T-shirt!
- Using Dylibs in LiveCode?
- Errant mouseRelease message?
- DatePicker Widget
- Showing four options in a menu?
- setProp question
- LC 9.0 Windows - tooltip broken for new datagrid?
- sending a JSON string
- Navigator 6.6 alpha 1 is out
- Widget imageWidget_v110
- pdftk issue solved
- jsonImport or JSONToArray
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
28 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix display update on iOS 12
- Remove second break wait from invoke handler block
- Fix blendlevel + disabled button issue for Motif
- Fix crash when saving a stack that has a colorswatch widget
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary entry for open file is incomplete
- (Easy) Docs: Describe the behavior of stack title/label property
- (Easy) Docs: print stack into pageRect ignores pageRect
- (Easy) Dictionary entry of the menu keyword is incorrectly formatted
- (Easy) Docs say fullclipboarddata[“image”] can be gif, png, or jpeg but BMP data can be present on Windows
- (Easy) Docs: Livecode dictionary entry for videoClip
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Easy) Docs: Datagrid Deleteline and Deletelines commands are no longer synonymous in DG2
- (Easy) Docs: Command line installation needs “-ui” instead of “noui” since LC 9 DP-5
- (Easy) Dictionary: Improve documentation for launch URL & specialFolderPath for Android
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
15th of November 2018