Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- This month only: Get a Hacktoberfest t-shirt by contributing to LiveCode: Submit 5 pull requests and get a free Hacktoberfest T-shirt!
- starting the Project Browser
- Sorting search results - solution needed
- applescript in standalones?
- is anyone able to use fileDSN for ODBC connections in LC?
- Finding common words and phrases in a large block of text?
- How to find true words that start with a capital letter?
- ANN: “Make Docset” updated to 3.1, DASH docset for LC now at 1.7.1
- Numbering lines
- How to properly use the fullscreenmode and screen scaling
- Native Android widgets
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
13 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Correct the loc of option menus triggered by a popup stack
- Fixed bug causing incorrect alias creation on Windows
- Fixed HiDPI Win32 bug
- Reset mouse stack after drag and drop
- Ensure one can set subscripts/superscripts more than once
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: ‘delete variable’ entry should be corrected
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that mobile player controller does not show if video file is missing or invalid
- (Easy) Docs: misleading dictionary entry for launch url file protocol
- (Easy) Docs: Describe the behavior of stack title/label property
- (Easy) Dictionary entry of the menu keyword is incorrectly formatted
- (Easy) Docs say fullclipboarddata[“image”] can be gif, png, or jpeg but BMP data can be present on Windows
- (Easy) Docs: Livecode dictionary entry for videoClip
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Easy) Docs: Datagrid Deleteline and Deletelines commands are no longer synonymous in DG2
- (Easy) Docs: Command line installation needs “-ui” instead of “noui” since LC 9 DP-5
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
15th of November 2018