Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Mysteries of “Me”
- How to find the offset of the last instance of a repeating character in a string?
- Continual iOS Simulator Problems
- Interactive Tutorials - Where are they?
- SSL with HTTPD Library?
- Browser widget and mailto link
- tree view hide key
- LiveCode Pseudo Captcha?
- Large files crash on Windows 10
- Tab between fields on mobile device
- Docset Reader released and updates to Make Docset and Livecode.Docset
- Re: How to find the offset of the last instance of a repeating character in a string? (Geoff Canyon)
- Sorting datagrid column with a tricκ?
- problem with mobileSetKeyboardType
- How to update a css file when using the Browser widget
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
10 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix emscripten loading capsule from file: A problem causing html5 standalones to fail to load when greater than 1MB is now fixed.
- Fix early window synchronize when taking window
- Use numeric sort for keys in SE variables list
- Fix crash when changing cards and acceleratedRendering=true
- Escape special characters in android standalone label
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a detailed recipe as well as a helpful simple sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that mobile player controller does not show if video file is missing or invalid
- (Easy) Docs: Describe the behavior of stack title/label property
- (Easy) Dictionary entry of the menu keyword is incorrectly formatted
- (Easy) Docs say fullclipboarddata[“image”] can be gif, png, or jpeg but BMP data can be present on Windows
- (Easy) Docs: Livecode dictionary entry for videoClip
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Easy) Docs: Datagrid Deleteline and Deletelines commands are no longer synonymous in DG2
- (Easy) Docs: Command line installation needs “-ui” instead of “noui” since LC 9 DP-5
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- LiveCode Global: 12 Months Streamed Live Around the Globe - Running every 2nd month throughout 2018!
Save the dates:
15th of November 2018