Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- What is LC’s internal text format?
- finding location on mobile device
- How to diagnose browser widget JS handlers failing silently?
- NSURLErrorDomain error -999
- Stack Height/Menubar
- directory tree view
- Steamworks API and LiveCode
- Stack and Standalone hogging memory on Mac
- Bug in how LC handles sentences
- Radio Buttons on multiple cards
- where can I learn about macOS app Help menu Search menu item?
- bignum math library
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
6 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that mobile player controller does not show if video file is missing or invalid
- (Easy) Docs: Describe the behavior of stack title/label property
- (Easy) Dictionary entry of the menu keyword is incorrectly formatted
- (Easy) Docs say fullclipboarddata[“image”] can be gif, png, or jpeg but BMP data can be present on Windows
- (Easy) Docs: Livecode dictionary entry for videoClip
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Easy) Docs: Datagrid Deleteline and Deletelines commands are no longer synonymous in DG2
- (Easy) Docs: Command line installation needs “-ui” instead of “noui” since LC 9 DP-5
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) set scaledwidth of SVG icon crashes LC
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- Reading data from Google Sheets
- ANN: LiveCode Advanced Application Architecture book available
- use password protected scripts on LC web server