Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Script Editor Performance
- Problem building Android app - ‘could not compile service supporτ class’ error message
- change http to https, what to do?
- revMoveFolder on Windows
- Navigator 7.2rc1 is available
- Should I forget HC? Honestly?
- Never, ever use the name of a built-in property as a custom property
- Windows 64-bit builds
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
9 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Ensure textChanged is sent when cutting text of a field
- Added support for building with Xcode 10.1 / iOS 12.1 SDK
- Added “Size” field to the image Property Inspector
Bug(s) of the week
- Bug 21805 - Stack with windowShape won’t display after
- Bug 21802 - TextChanged in field is not envoked when text is “cut”
The reporters provided a helpful sample stack and a detailed description that allowed us to test, confirm and fix the problems quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that mobile player controller does not show if video file is missing or invalid
- (Easy) Docs: Describe the behavior of stack title/label property
- (Easy) Dictionary entry of the menu keyword is incorrectly formatted
- (Easy) Docs say fullclipboarddata[“image”] can be gif, png, or jpeg but BMP data can be present on Windows
- (Easy) Docs: Livecode dictionary entry for videoClip
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Easy) Docs: Datagrid Deleteline and Deletelines commands are no longer synonymous in DG2
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.