Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- LC 9 and Externals
- BACKUPS !!!
- Localisation - Internationalization Package
- A Question about Ask File
- Browser widget and downloading of files
- ANN: Script Editor Refactoring Support
- ignore close button?
- Find offset of first and last char of Word x in a field
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
5 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Reduce time taken to compute minimum required file version for stack: This fixes a regression, where in some edge cases with really huge stacks involved, saving could take up to 13 minutes. With this patch, the time needed to save the stack drops to just 2 minutes.
- Prevent unnecessary disk writes of revPreferences stack: This should improve performance on Windows.
Bugs of the week
The reporter provided a helpful sample stack and a detailed description that allowed us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that drawingSvgCompileFile() cannot read from resources folder on Android
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that mobile player controller does not show if video file is missing or invalid
- (Easy) Docs: Describe the behavior of stack title/label property
- (Easy) Dictionary entry of the menu keyword is incorrectly formatted
- (Easy) Docs say fullclipboarddata[“image”] can be gif, png, or jpeg but BMP data can be present on Windows
- (Easy) Docs: Livecode dictionary entry for videoClip
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Easy) Docs: Datagrid Deleteline and Deletelines commands are no longer synonymous in DG2
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.