Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- specialFolderPath(“preferences”) returns empty on Windows???
- Seeking philosophical guidance on library interface design.
- Engine: Socket limit?
- Lesson on Accelerated Rendering
- mobilePickPhoto on Android
- Bug drawing card in LC9
- Can LC Server code export images of cards and objects
- Allow navigation in field but prevent editing
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
13 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix memory leak when using printing on macOS
- Build Linux prebuilt libraries with position-independant code
- Fix LCB’s ‘is among the elements of’ operator
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a helpful sample stack, a screenshot and a detailed description that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that drawingSvgCompileFile() cannot read from resources folder on Android
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that mobile player controller does not show if video file is missing or invalid
- (Easy) Docs: Describe the behavior of stack title/label property
- (Easy) Dictionary entry of the menu keyword is incorrectly formatted
- (Easy) Docs say fullclipboarddata[“image”] can be gif, png, or jpeg but BMP data can be present on Windows
- (Easy) Docs: Livecode dictionary entry for videoClip
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Easy) Docs: Datagrid Deleteline and Deletelines commands are no longer synonymous in DG2
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result