Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Mobile - Open file dialog?
- Dash docset for LC now at 1.76, Make_DocSet on Livecode Share updated
- play sounds in HTML5
- Seeking confirmation of a bug…
- Failure to build on Android
- Question on automatically generating an MSI file
- The correct way to quit a Windows standalone
- There is a file
- LC and live video streaming
- Livecode Array Encoding / Decoding using other platforms?
- repeat with times
- IDE 9.0.4 and 9.0.5rc1 getting slow again on win10?
- Download file from widget browser ?
- 9.5 DP 1 Unadorned - LayerMode - Container
- Windows 64
- App Store changes in August?
- Opening a stack changes it’s set rect
- how to load a local file into the browser widget?
- Player object controller bar
- Identifying macOS folders that are considered to be files?
- windowBoundingRect on multiple monitors? Is this a bug?
- Setting mobile scroller hScroll fails
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
35 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- FasterDG: Use container layerMode in form view
- AndroidPermissionsLCB: Added permission checking handlers to android-utils
- Mac Status Menu: Implement mac status menu library
- Add ‘layerClipRect’ property to controls
- Ensure Android ScrollViews don’t cancel touch events
- Add support for building win64 standalones
- Allow infinite result in div, times and pow operations
- Browser Widget: Progress, isSecure and allowUserInteraction
Bugs of the week
- Bug 22091 - Preset icon disappears from SVG Icon widget when selecting the same icon
- Bug 22103 - Effective textFont of chunk reports field font
The reporters provided a helpful sample stack and/or a detailed description that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that drawingSvgCompileFile() cannot read from resources folder on Android
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that mobile player controller does not show if video file is missing or invalid
- (Easy) Docs: Describe the behavior of stack title/label property
- (Easy) Dictionary entry of the menu keyword is incorrectly formatted
- (Easy) Docs say fullclipboarddata[“image”] can be gif, png, or jpeg but BMP data can be present on Windows
- (Easy) Docs: Livecode dictionary entry for videoClip
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Easy) Docs: Datagrid Deleteline and Deletelines commands are no longer synonymous in DG2
- (Medium) IDE: when command exceeds width of message box, backspacing causes ghost characters
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result