Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Managing maximized windows on MacOS
- server push to desktop client
- Indy 9.5.0. Apple can’t search for malware in LC Indy?
- numberformat woes?
- DataGrid: load images when in view
- Mobile development android vs ios
- Atom Linting
- Amazing how forgiving the older LC engines are…
- blurred image when using export snapshot
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
6 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
Bug of the week
- Bug 22443 - [PB] Widget “icon” is 1 pixel off horizontally and vertically from being centered to connectors
The reporter provided a detailed description and a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly. Moreover, he suggested a solution fixes the problem :)
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that lockLoc property of an object only prevents it from being moved by the mouse when in Edit mode
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Medium) Add support for unblocking http requests on Android 9+
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.