Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Achilles Heel of Livecode
- NEW cuid library stack
- Connecting LC to Xcode
- iOS dark mode
- XCode 11 requirements
- Script Editor disassociates - a lossy LC IDE bug
- How to revoke that bottom pane of the script editor?
- Standalone not functioning
- Groups in the message path: Trapping Mouseup
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
2 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Prevent crash when calling binarayDecode with wrong data input
- Ensure tolower() is used in unicode case fold
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a detailed description and a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that lockLoc property of an object only prevents it from being moved by the mouse when in Edit mode
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Medium) Add support for unblocking http requests on Android 9+
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.