Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Use-livecode author names
- FYI: Cause found for LC crashing to desktop when Browser widget opens PDF
- IP Camera Image in Browser Widget
- strange problems with SEND
- Can’t add substack
- YAML Libraries
- Thumbnail on txt file?
- mailto: string with attachment
- combine two fields
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
8 pull request was merged since the last issue.
- Add support for layerClipRect to widgets
- Don’t fail MCStringFindAndReplace if replacement not possible
- Added support for building with Xcode11.3 / iOS13.2 SDK
- Dozens of updates/corrections of dictionary entries
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a detailed recipe and a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that lockLoc property of an object only prevents it from being moved by the mouse when in Edit mode
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Medium) Add support for unblocking http requests on Android 9+
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.