Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- the fontnames and special names like (Menu)
- Displaying & caching PDF files
- HyperCard: the Myst story
- HTML spans with links
- LC Server: shebang breaks tags?
- LC9.6dp2 and the property inspector
- When specialFolderPath() fails
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a detailed recipe that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that lockLoc property of an object only prevents it from being moved by the mouse when in Edit mode
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Medium) Add support for unblocking http requests on Android 9+
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.