Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- blog post: creating a blogging client with LiveCode
- Damn You Unicode!
- Keyhole effect?
- Hijack the property inspector?
- Making an iOS app look like one
- A short question about Xcode
- Simple 3D animation question
- Even Distribution
- Dark Mode Detection
- Long Standing Issue with the defaultStack
- DataGrid table DeleteIndex
- Visual Effect
- Sound and the Xcode simulator
- Where do copied files go on mobile?
- md5Digest gives different results Mac vs Windows LC 9.5.1
- Socket Server on an Android Device
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
11 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Fix mobileSensorReading(“location”,false) returning empty list
- Support max width/height in Android mobilePickPhoto
- Show first frame in Android player
- Support building with Xcode 11.4 / iOS 13.4 SDK
- Fix mobile player controller visibility
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a detailed recipe and a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test, confirm and fix the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: more examples for IF entry in Dictionary
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Easy) Docs: specialFolderPath(“resources”) for stacks with empty filename is not documented
- (Medium) Add support for unblocking http requests on Android 9+
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.