Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Stack Files
- Scrollbar scale value not showing in Windows
- Which git service suits a LiveCoder best?
- Mobile text input mystery
- Testing spell checking with Hunspell Extension
- Native Switch Button?
- Widget Properties
- Detecting full Mobile Sensor activation
- What is a real?
- Wildcard? replaceText, offset?
- Three very simple questions
- no internet on Android via Browser widget
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
9 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix crash on enter in android native field widget
- Fix url callbacks sent when setting html in CEF browser
- Fix bug preventing mobile browser control from loading after setting the “url” property to empty
- Tree View Widget sends click when scrolling
- Ensure Windows player shows correct frame for currentTime when paused
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a detailed recipe and a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: more examples for IF entry in Dictionary
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Medium) Add support for unblocking http requests on Android 9+
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- What’s a Capability in an Apple Provisioning Profile?
- How to make a mobile app stay alive in the background?
- Seth is now free under a MIT License (custom color themes)