Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Counting unique items in a file
- Dark Mode support and iOS startup screens
- Can a stack know which standalone engine it’s running on?
- Quick IDE question
- Best relational database for IOS / Android
- Livecode HTML5 and SQL
- Spell Checker
- sqLite delete memory database
- Script Only Behaviors
- DataView and DataView Tree Updates
- Group resizing
- Has anyone experience of GPS on iPhone?
- system date
- the chosen folder is not a valid android sdk
- App fails to launch when downloaded
- mobilePickDate doesn’t work on some iphones
- Android emulator problem. Isn’t there an easy way?
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
11 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Improve performance of stackfile saving on Windows
- LifecycleListeners: Allow lcb widgets to register and listen for Android lifecycle events
- Add dark mode options for iOS launch screen
- Load startup screen storyboard
- Fix bug in Win32 stdcall closure trampoline
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a detailed recipe and a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: more examples for IF entry in Dictionary
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Medium) Add support for unblocking http requests on Android 9+
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.