Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Linking to a LC desktop app with a URL
- Changing text properties in a field via the IDE
- Drawing a blank on simple code…
- Mouse messages in scrollers
- Obtaining URL to latest Stable LC Server
- ANN: glx2 script editor 4.1
- Saving stacks before closing
- Get FileList on Remote PC via SFTP
- MacOS - “Adding ad-hoc signature failed with error”
- Bayes Calculator for Covid-19
- Can LC set an objet to the top layer of a group with script?
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
3 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Ensure the externals lcextd folder is not copied into the apk
- Ensure iOS time picker always returns the displayed time
- Ensure rewind and fast forward buttons do not affect playrate
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a detailed recipe that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly, and also suggested a fix.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) revPrintText does not keep defaultStack when it’s opened as a modal stack
- (Easy) Dictionary: more examples for IF entry in Dictionary
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Medium) Add support for unblocking http requests on Android 9+
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.