Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- Platform Divergence
- Mobile Keyboard
- datagrid delay hilite
- What the heck? Writing and reading ios files??
- How many objects (IDs) can be generated by script?
- Quick question: player object callbacks still working?
- Animation Engine: speed tips
- More Catalina permissions woes….
- AR in LiveCode Browser?
- slow loading & navigation to card containing large field
- WebSites made using Livecode
- Redirecting stdout to file on server
- OAuth2 on Win10: not returning to my app
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
17 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix crash in HTML5 standalones when fetching the system date or system time
- Fix crash in HTML5 standalones when getting / setting the effective rect of a stack
- Fix event handling during modal sessions
- OAuth2 - Prevent double URL encoding of authentication code
- Fix resizing mobilePickPhoto for API Level < 24
- Fix input of alt+key combination characters in HTML5 standalones
- Fix forwarding of key events in HTML5 engine
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Dictionary: more examples for IF entry in Dictionary
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Medium) Add support for unblocking http requests on Android 9+
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.