Updates from the LiveCode open source community
News & blog posts
- October only: Get a Hacktoberfest t-shirt by contributing to LiveCode: Submit 4 pull requests and get a free Hacktoberfest T-shirt!
- Android Status Bar
- Interface Resolution
- Correct use of string A ‘is in’ string B?
- Standalone failures
- Livecode server UNIX version (not Linux)
- SSL cPanel mySql setup
- Odd data in message box
- Help needed :)
- Livecode syntax highlighting in VSCode
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
8 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Remove support for 32bit on MacOS IDE and standalones
- Fix printing with vGrid enabled on Windows
- Fix tracking of mouse events during modal session
- Send RowLeftSwipeControlClicked with target param
- Remove unneccessary creation and clearance of SKBitmap
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Mention the behavior of ‘the screenrect’ on iOS if “Display Zoom” is checked
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that matchText/matchChunk/replaceText all operate as if form-sensitive were true
- (Easy) Dictionary: more examples for IF entry in Dictionary
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Medium) Add support for unblocking http requests on Android 9+
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.