Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- Bug 22999 - iOS location updates not received in the background
- Building a Standalone MacOS App in 9.6.1
- POST does not work under lock messages
- POST data size bug
- disabling a group
- opened socket in IDE prevents script changes
- mobileControlCreate (set, do, etc)
- Printing borked for LC Linux?
- Is there a way to manually trigger GC?
- No matter the Launch image, I get 320x480
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
6 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Fix frozen color picker launched from modal stack on macOS
- Update SQLite to v3.34.0
- Fix emscripten crash when loading custom TTF font files
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a helpful sample stack that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Mention the behavior of ‘the screenrect’ on iOS if “Display Zoom” is checked
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that matchText/matchChunk/replaceText all operate as if form-sensitive were true
- (Easy) Dictionary: more examples for IF entry in Dictionary
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Medium) Make the scrollbars for a treeview widget a TAD wider
- (Medium) Add support for unblocking http requests on Android 9+
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.