Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- access DOM in browser widget?
- install custom apps from Google Drive, known limits?
- dg with native controls in template
- Getting user’s IP address in LC Server
- Problems with Multiple Monitors
- Close & remove from memory - Engine hang
- the systemversion shows wrong version # on Mac
- 9.6.0 simulator issue
- Finding invisible/non printable characters in a string
- MergJSON JSONToArray UTF-8 and UTF-8 BOM character encoding
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
4 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
New LiveCode releases
- Return compiler error for osascript script errors
- Ensure the target MacOS SDK (10.9) is properly set
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a helpful sample stack and a detailed recipe that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Paragraphs out of order in Description for split command
- (Easy) Docs: Mention the behavior of ‘the screenrect’ on iOS if “Display Zoom” is checked
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that matchText/matchChunk/replaceText all operate as if form-sensitive were true
- (Easy) Dictionary: more examples for IF entry in Dictionary
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Medium) Support for Drag and Drop in TreeView Widget
- (Medium) Make the scrollbars for a treeview widget a TAD wider
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Do you need help with your project? Have a look at these useful resources:
Other LiveCode News
This section brings you other interesting news from across the LiveCode universe over the last week. This section may include non OSS projects.
- where do I find the notarization log?
- notarizing DMG fails
- which entity has to be notarized/stapled?
- Updated version of the SignNotarizeHelper stack available