Updates from the LiveCode open source community
- workaround for cut-off text in native scroller?
- number = layer?
- bordercolor of buttons
- Finding out what changes a custom property
- Setting the browser widget user-agent to impersonate Chrome
- Unable to generate Standalone
- Reference an actual location on the screen
Updates in the LiveCode open source project
6 pull requests were merged since the last issue.
- Fix background location updates on iOS
- Ensure the pick wheel is shown on iOS 14 on iPhone
- Allow http connections on Android browser
Bug of the week
The reporter provided a helpful sample stack and a detailed recipe that allowed us to test and confirm the problem quickly.
Want to get involved in the LiveCode open source project but don’t know where to start?
First read these posts from Trevor DeVore for detailed instructions on:
Note: Any new bug-fixing PRs should be submitted against
Then try one of these:
- (Easy) Docs: Paragraphs out of order in Description for split command
- (Easy) Docs: Mention that matchText/matchChunk/replaceText all operate as if form-sensitive were true
- (Easy) Dictionary: more examples for IF entry in Dictionary
- (Easy) Dictionary: incorrect description of resizeControl message
- (Easy) Docs: Update the dict entry of the “propertynames”
- (Medium) Support for Drag and Drop in TreeView Widget
- (Medium) Make the scrollbars for a treeview widget a TAD wider
- (Medium) Add info on manipulating field contents to the User Guide
- (Medium) Applescript “do script” missing from standalone
- (Medium) Make guide outlines in the Dictionary expand/collapse with repeated clicks
- (Medium) Dictionary: The LiveCode Script Guide cannot be searched
- (Medium) Relayer control crashes livecode
- (Medium) Datagrid not protected for drag and drop in project view (labels can get inserted into the DGgrp itself)
- (Hard) Create a LiveCode Community build for Raspberry Pi
- (Hard) Case insensitive matchText returns incorrect result
Contributors this week
Do you need help with your project? Have a look at these useful resources: